Panchayat is a comedy-drama which captures the journey of an engineering graduate Abhishek, who for lack of a better job opportunity joins as secretary of a panchayat office in a remote village of Uttar Pradesh.
While the first season sets the context of the plot and characters, season 2 gets more real and talks about the challenges and problems of the village. Along with the fun, wit and satire, what remains constant through both seasons is Pradhanji’s (Village Chief’s) homegrown Lauki (bottle gourd). It acts as a problem solver in every situation and hence, we planned to make it world famous by asking our audience to click a #SelfieWithLauki.
Challenge & Objectives:
After a long wait of 2 years & 2 months, expectations for S2 were sky high. The season dug deeper into the problems of the village as well as introduced new characters. We wanted to:
- Revive our existing fandom and build recall
- Populate our fans’ feeds with the ‘not so low key’ – lauki
We launched a fun and engaging activity for the Panchayat fans and asked them to share their love for Lauki and Panchayat with their atrangi #SelfieWithLauki. We kick started the activity right after the launch of the show.
Strategy & Execution:
1.We announced the activity through the very stars of the show- Jitendra Kumar, Chandan Roy, and Faisal Malik via video.
2. The tadka to this delicious activity was added when various content creators from India and across the pond viz. Canada & America posted their selfies.
3. The show’s cast also posted selfies with lauki on their handles and amplified the activity further.
4. And of course, our fandom who couldn’t deal with the FOMO anymore, shared their uniquely beautiful selfies.
So that’s how our dear lauki traveled across the globe 🥰
Impact OR Results
Our lauki became an overnight sensation as 5k+ people clicked selfies with it and posted them on their social handles. Our campaign successfully reached 8.22 million people.