Guilty Minds is an Amazon Prime Video India original courtroom drama that takes you on a ride of solving cases based on prevalent societal issues and also gives the audience a sneak peek into what goes on behind the curtains of the Indian judiciary system.
Challenge & Objectives:
The challenge was to build hype around the show and invite courtroom drama lovers to indulge in this one-of-a-kind experience. The objective of the campaign was to introduce the new characters and establish their ideologies & relationship with each other as presented in the show and position it as a must-watch for all the fans of the courtroom drama genre.
Keeping the show plot in mind, we wanted to entice people and relate the premise of the show to their own ‘guilty minds’. We picked one of the most relatable courtroom elements of sending a notice and summoning people to court.
Strategy & Execution:
WThe strategy of the campaign was to leverage the love of the Indian audience for getting involved in social debates or discussions over the internet. Topics like chai vs coffee, going out vs staying in, etc. were chosen for their universality – almost everyone can relate to them even if they don’t have strong opinions on them. Two influencer couples were hand-picked for this activation – TejRan and the Flying Beast couple – considering their strong social media presence as a couple.
1. We sent notices to the show’s cast and popular influencers like Karan Kundra, Tejaswi Prakash, Gaurav Taneja, Ritu Rathee, Atul Katri etc. accusing them of being guilty for doing the unthinkable.
2. They soon posted a picture with this notice on their Instagram stories wondering why they had been summoned by Prime Video India.
3. To extend this on Twitter, we tweeted from Prime Video India’s handle where the audience was asked to like if they were guilty or retweet if they were not guilty of binge watching shows.
4. Upon engaging, they were sent an auto-reply message with a notice on behalf of Prime Video India asking them to be present for the hearing on 8th April, 2022 driving them to the trailer.
5. Simultaneously, the influencers took a sneak peek of the campaign to their IG posts and stories. Hence, redirecting their Instagram followers to the main YouTube video.
But it didn’t stop there!
For driving conversations around the show, we collaborated with India’s most loved influencer couples & put them against each other to settle the most popular debates on the internet & find out who’s guilty and who’s innocent.
Our lawyers, Deepak & Kashaf stepped in to represent the couples in the court. While there were traces of each partner being guilty of having chai over coffee and staying in v/s going out. Well, that surely got everyone excited for Guilty Minds.
Impact OR Results
- The campaign activity garnered 10M+ views and 570K+ engagement and also trended at #7 on Twitter in India.
- Further, various #TejRan fans created memes on Twitter from the video which helped the show gain more visibility and increased discoverability among a larger audience.
- Additionally, Voot took part in this activity with a tweet reply. As an added benefit, the activity led to over 10 organic PR articles around it, in Koi Moi, Free Press Journal and The Statesman, to name a few.